top of page

Child Care Food Program

Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)

The Child & Adult Care Food Program is a federally funded program which is administered and funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food & Nutrition Services (FNS). The purpose of the program is to ensure that eligible children and adults who attend qualifying non-residential care facilities receive nutritious meals. To accomplish this goal, the CACFP provides reimbursements to qualified caregivers for meals and supplements (snacks) served to enrolled participants. While the FNS develops the regulations and establishes the policies needed to conduct the program, state agencies are responsible for administering the program on the state level and assisting sponsors on the local level.

For Child Care Providers:

  • Increased earnings through reimbursements

  • Menu ideas

  • Nutrition education


For Parents:

  • Assurance that their children are receiving nutritious meals and snacks, without extra cost to them.


For Children:

  • Children in care will benefit by receiving nutritious meals and snacks. Proper nutrition will help them develop strong bodies and alert minds.


For more information, contact: Tammie Martin, CACFP Coordinator at (910) 949-4045.


Civil Rights

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.


Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.


To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:



U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

bottom of page