Fall 2020 Workshop and Training Calendar
Early Literacy Workshops with Bonnie Archibald
- ABC’s of Reading: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 from 1-2pm
- How to Choose an Age Appropriate Book: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 from 1-2pm
- How to Make Every Moment with your Child a Brain Building Moment: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 from 1-2 pm
Triple P Workshops with Diane Atherton
- Creating Positive Bedtime Routines: Saturday, October 17, 2020 from 10am-12pm
- Hassle-Free Shopping with Kids: Saturday, November 7, 2020 from 10am-12pm
- Manage Fighting and Aggression: Saturday, December 5, 2020 from 10am-12pm
Trainings for Early Educators (Eligible for CHCs) with Leslie Carson and Emily Jones
- Flip It!: Thursday, October 29, 2020 from 6-8pm
- The Five Protective Factors and Child Care: Thursday, December 17, 2020 from 6-8pm
Infant Toddler SIDS for Early Educators (Eligible for CHCs) with Leslie Carson and Emily Jones
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020 from 6-8pm - Full
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 from 6-8pm - Full
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 from 6-8 pm
Training Policies for Early Educators
Until further notice, all of our trainings will be held on Zoom. The following policies apply:
Registrations must be received at least 24 hours before the training.
Online trainings are free of charge at this time.
Participants will need to be on the Zoom meeting with both audio and video no later than 10 minutes after training has started and need to remain on until the training has concluded to receive CHCs.
Participants may participate in the training as a group as long as the registration email has listed all those who will be participating, an email address for each participant, and the trainer is able to see each participant at roll call.
Once the training has concluded participants will receive a Survey Monkey link in their email with the pre/post survey questions.
Once the completed survey is received participants will be emailed a training certificate.
CPR & First Aid Training
To find a local CPR or First Aid training, contact Emily Jones at Partners for Children & Families at (910) 949-4045
The Village of Pinehurst and Aberdeen Fire Departments are currently providing a series of CPR trainings. For more information, call:
- Village of Pinehurst Fire Department (910) 295-3141
- Aberdeen Fire Department (910) 944-7888
Training for School Age Providers
Basic School Age Care Online: At Your Convenience
Take BSAC at YOUR convenience, when YOU want it!
Instructor: Karen Darby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Credit Issued: 0.5 CEU (to 5 DCDEE contact hours)
Register online at www.swcdcinc.org
BSAC is a 5 hour introductory level training event for school age care professionals that are new to the field. The training includes information on health and safety, environmental design, child development, appropriate activities, guiding child behavior, and quality school age care. This training is required by the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education for school age care professionals working in licensed programs but is a great training for new staff in any afterschool program setting. Participants will engage in 5 hours of online coursework that includes PowerPoint presentations, video clips, required reading materials, online polls, and interactive slides to encourage interaction and engagement. Click here for more information.
All of these online trainings are offered by Southwestern Child Development Commission. Click on the link above for information on how to register.