Application Round 2 of Expansion and Access Grants opens today, May 22, 2023, and will close June 12, 2023.
Step-by-step instructions for completing an application are available in the Child Care Expansion & Access Grants Application Job Aid. And many questions about the grants are answered in the Frequently Asked Questions document.
Round 1 Applications
Round 1 Applications are still being reviewed. Applications received during Round 1 which are not approved will automatically roll into Round 2 for consideration. Anyone with an application in "Submitted" status from Round 1 does not need to resubmit the same application in Round 2.
Unlicensed applicants (applicants who do not currently have a child care license) who emailed complete information listed below to DCDEE_Support@DHHS.nc.gov by 5:00 p.m. on May 17th can begin applying on May 22nd.
Application accounts for unlicensed applicants sending requests after May 17th will be created within 72 hours. All requests for unlicensed applicants MUST be received by Monday, June 5th in order to submit an application before Round 2 closes on June 12th.
Unlicensed applicants should complete the following tasks to request an Expansion & Access Grant application account:
- First, have or create a business account in the North Carolina Identity Management Service (NCID).
- Then, email the following information to DCDEE_Support@DHHS.nc.gov:
- Name of facility (if known)
- Provider name
- Provider phone Number
- Address of facility (if known)
- Temporary address (PO Box, home address, etc.), if facility address is not yet available
- County where the facility will be located
- School District where the facility will be located
- NCID (cannot contain spaces)
- Whether facility will be a child care center or family child care home
Contact DCDEE Support for assistance Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM: