In recent months, both the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act and the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) have been signed into law providing funding to assist child care providers. Based on feedback from providers and early childhood stakeholders, the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) will be providing operational grants to all private, licensed (or operating under a notice of compliance) child care centers and homes that are open to serve children and families for the months of May, June, July, and August 2021. Child care providers eligible for operational grants can expect to see the money deposited into their accounts on the following schedule:
- May Operational Grants – Week of May 17-21, 2021
- June Operational Grants – Week of June 14-18, 2021
- July Operational Grants – Week of July 19-23, 2021
- August Operational Grants – Week of August 16-20, 2021
As a reminder, please allow 5-7 business days for operational grant funds to post to bank accounts.
Operational grant totals will be determined based on facilities’ pre-pandemic or current enrollment (whichever is greater), current star rating, and the updated number of infants and toddlers being served. DCDEE has posted the formula for the grants. These amounts are the same as those received during March and April of this year. If you have questions regarding the specific amount of the operational grant awarded to your facility, call or email using the contact information below. Please have the facility name and license number available.
· Reach out by email: email@example.com
· Alamance through Forsyth Counties, contact Arlette Lambert at 919.703.5262
· Franklin through Orange Counties, contact Laura Hewitt at 919.703.7916
· Pamlico through Yancey Counties, contact Theresa Rodersheimer at 919.703.6947
Thank you for all you are doing to keep North Carolina's children nurtured and learning, families working, and North Carolina strong.