The Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) has updated the ChildCareStrongNC Public Health Toolkit to reflect recent changes in guidance, clarify language, and be responsive to questions that have arisen in the child care field.
The March edition of the ChildCareStrongNC Public Health Toolkit includes the following updates:
- Clarification on the use of the attestation form (pages 5 & 17)
- Updated quarantine guidance (pages 6-7 & 21)
- Clarification that professionals who support children with special health care needs and/or behavioral/mental health needs to provide services and/or assessment are allowed into child care facilities once screened and must adhere to health and safety guidelines by wearing face coverings and complying with social distancing recommendations (page 9)
- Guidance regarding the use of water and sensory play (page 10)
- Considerations for children who require asthma treatments (page 12)
If you have questions about these updates, please contact your child care health consultant.