The Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) has updated the ChildCareStrongNC Public Health Toolkit to reflect requirements from Executive Order 163, which goes into effect on Friday, September 4, 2020 at 5:00pm.
Please pay special attention to the following updates:
On page 7 - "Cloth Face Coverings"
- Requires children ages 5 years and older to wear face coverings in child care settings
- Encourages face coverings for children ages 2 and up to 5 provides new guidance
- Notes that younger children may be unable to wear a face covering properly, particularly for an extended period of time, and that providers can prioritize having younger children wear face coverings at times when it is difficult to maintain 6 feet distance (e.g., during pick-up/drop-off)
- On page 10 - "Transportation"
- Requires children ages 5 years and older to wear face coverings on child care transportation
If you have questions about these updates, please contact your Child Care Health Consultant.