Welcome to our child care trainings page!
PfCF strives to offer a variety of learning events for Early Educators. Below you will find a listing of our current trainings. At this time we are offering learning events virtually and in-person. Updated training policies are listed below. Please read carefully before registering for a training event.
Trainings for Child Care Professionals (Eligible for CHCs)
PfCF child care trainings are reserved for early educators working in licensed facilities. We will be limiting in-person trainings to 10 participates. Registrations will be taken as first come, first serve. A payment for all trainings will need to be submitted online by clicking REGISTER NOW or to Partners for Children & Families office by cash (correct change only) or check within 48 hours or your registration will be canceled. Payments can be made at 7720 NC Hwy 22, Carthage, NC 28374. All trainings are approved by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education and are based on their approved in-service training topic areas. These sessions ARE eligible for child care provider CHCs. Additional training policies are listed below
Tuesday, December 6, 2022 6:00-8:00pm: Infant Toddler SIDS IN-PERSON - REGISTER NOW
This is a required training for all child care providers caring for infants’ birth to 12 months. Participants will gain knowledge of the NC rules and regulations addressing infant safe sleep policies and procedures. This is an in-person training at PfCF. 2 CHCs will be awarded.
Thursday, December 8, 2022 6:00-8:00pm: Fire Safety IN-PERSON - REGISTER NOW
Learn what you need to do to keep everyone safe in your child care facility if a fire or dangerous weather conditions occur. This training fills up quickly, so register early! This is an in-person training at PfCF. CHCs will be awarded based on the length of the class.
Training Policies for Child Care Professionals
- Advanced registration and payment are required for all training events. Registration is accepted online or in-person. If paying in-person, checks or money orders should be made payable to Partners for Children and Families. Payments will not be accepted the day of the training event.
- No refund or credit will be provided for no-shows. The registration amount paid will be used for the cost of printing and preparation.
- A twenty-four (24) hour cancellation notice is required to receive a credit or transfer to another training event. No refund will be provided, however a credit will be issued. Credits are valid for one calendar year.
- A minimum of 5 spaces must be filled before a training event will be conducted. If this number is not reached, PfCF reserves the right to cancel the event. Learners will be notified by phone or email of any cancellations and a credit issued or learners transferred to another class. Early registration is strongly encouraged.
The following policies apply to all training events (virtual and in-person):
- Training events will be closed 15 minutes after the start time. Late entry will not be permitted.
- Participants must attend the entire training event to receive a training certificate.
- Children and/or other non-registered guests are not permitted into training events.
- Learners will be provided a certificate of completion indicating NCDCDEE contact hour credits (CHC) or continuing education units (CEUs) for the amount of time the learning event is held.
- Online participants will need required technology with video and audio capabilities.
- Unprofessional, disruptive or rude behavior will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave and no credit will be issued.
- Please turn off cell phones during the learning event
Additional Training Opportunities for Child Care Professionals
CUMBERLAND COUNTY PARTNERSHIP FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES
SOUTHWESTERN CHILD DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
- Training calendar can be accessed here.
- Trainings are self-Paced with classes taking 2-5 hours
- Classes range in cost, starting at $25
NCDCDEE ONLINE TRAINING
- Trainings list can be found here.
- Free self-paced trainings provided by DCDEE
- Will need an NCID and will register for a Moodle Account
FIRST AID & CPR
- American Red Cross Online Trainings
- Pinehurst Fire Department
- CPR/AED Training - Call 910-295-5575
- Local Instructors