Welcome to our child care trainings page!
PfCF strives to offer a variety of learning events for Early Educators. Below you will find a listing of our current trainings. At this time we are offering learning events virtually and in-person. Updated training policies are listed below. Please read carefully before registering for a training event.
Trainings for Child Care Professionals (Eligible for CHCs)
PfCF child care trainings are reserved for early educators working in licensed facilities. We will be limiting in-person trainings to 10 participates. Registrations will be taken as first come, first serve. A payment for all trainings will need to be submitted online by clicking REGISTER NOW or to Partners for Children & Families office by cash (correct change only) or check within 48 hours or your registration will be canceled. Payments can be made at 7720 NC Hwy 22, Carthage, NC 28374. All trainings are approved by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education and are based on their approved in-service training topic areas. These sessions ARE eligible for child care provider CHCs. Additional training policies are listed below
Saturday, September 18, 2021 9am-1pm: NC Playground Safety IN-PERSON - REGISTER NOW
NC Playground safety rules and ways that you can prevent outdoor injuries will be addressed. Please wear comfortable shoes for walking in sand. Participants will go to Elizabeth High Rounds Park for a portion of this training. Participants are welcome to bring a sack lunch for this training. This is an in-person training and will be limited to 10 participants. This learning event satisfies the HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING Topic Area: 10A NCAC 09 .0706(b)(4). 4 DCDEE Contact hour credits - CHCs will be awarded.
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 6-8pm: Curriculum Planning with NC Foundations IN-PERSON - REGISTER NOW
This learning event will focus on creating age appropriate activities in family child care homes and centers based on the domains in NCFELD and include a basic overview of how to use the tool. Instructors will assess knowledge gained through group activities and feedback provided during the presentation. This is an in-person training and will be limited to 10 participants. 1.5-2 DCDEE Contact hour credits - CHCs will be awarded depending on the actual length of training.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 6-8pm: Infant Toddler SIDS ONLINE - REGISTER NOW
Participants will discuss ways to reduce the risk of SIDS through safe sleep practices for infants, review Safe Sleep Policy guidelines, North Carolina licensing requirements, maintenance of the proper forms, and other best practice recommendations. Participants will receive CHCs depending on actual length of training.
Thursday, October 21, 2021 6-8:30pm: Emergency Preparedness and Response in Child Care IN-PERSON - REGISTER NOW
This training is is required for all program directors/administrators y the NC DCDEE. In this training, early educators will be provided with the information, knowledge, and tools to prepare them for many types of emergencies. They will also develop a detailed/updated written Emergency Preparedness Plan. This is an in-person training and will be limited to 10 participants. 2-2.5 DCDEE Contact hour credits - CHCs will be awarded depending on the actual length of training.
Training Policies for Child Care Professionals
- Advanced registration and payment are required for all training events. Registration is accepted online or in-person. If paying in-person, checks or money orders should be made payable to Partners for Children and Families. Payments will not be accepted the day of the training event.
- No refund or credit will be provided for no-shows. The registration amount paid will be used for the cost of printing and preparation.
- A twenty-four (24) hour cancellation notice is required to receive a credit or transfer to another training event. No refund will be provided, however a credit will be issued. Credits are valid for one calendar year.
- A minimum of 5 spaces must be filled before a training event will be conducted. If this number is not reached, PfCF reserves the right to cancel the event. Learners will be notified by phone or email of any cancellations and a credit issued or learners transferred to another class. Early registration is strongly encouraged.
The following policies apply to all training events (virtual and in-person):
- Training events will be closed 15 minutes after the start time. Late entry will not be permitted.
- Participants must attend the entire training event to receive a training certificate.
- Children and/or other non-registered guests are not permitted into training events.
- Learners will be provided a certificate of completion indicating NCDCDEE contact hour credits (CHC) or continuing education units (CEUs) for the amount of time the learning event is held.
- Online participants will need required technology with video and audio capabilities.
- Unprofessional, disruptive or rude behavior will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave and no credit will be issued.
- Please turn off cell phones during the learning event
Additional Training Opportunities for Child Care Professionals
CUMBERLAND COUNTY PARTNERSHIP FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES
SOUTHWESTERN CHILD DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
- Training calendar can be accessed here.
- Trainings are self-Paced with classes taking 2-5 hours
- Classes range in cost, starting at $25
NCDCDEE ONLINE TRAINING
- Trainings list can be found here.
- Free self-paced trainings provided by DCDEE
- Will need an NCID and will register for a Moodle Account