Welcome to our child care trainings page!
PfCF strives to offer a variety of learning events for Early Educators. Below you will find a listing of our current trainings. At this time we are offering learning events virtually and in-person. Updated training policies are listed below. Please read carefully before registering for a training event.
Trainings for Child Care Professionals (Eligible for CHCs)
PfCF child care trainings are reserved for early educators working in licensed facilities. We will be limiting in-person trainings to 10 participates. Registrations will be taken as first come, first serve. A payment for all trainings will need to be submitted online by clicking REGISTER NOW or to Partners for Children & Families office by cash (correct change only) or check within 48 hours or your registration will be canceled. Payments can be made at 7720 NC Hwy 22, Carthage, NC 28374. All trainings are approved by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education and are based on their approved in-service training topic areas. These sessions ARE eligible for child care provider CHCs. Additional training policies are listed below
Thursday, September 1, 2022 6:00-8:00pm: Fire Safety IN-PERSON – REGISTER NOW
Learn what you need to do to keep everyone safe in your child care facility if a fire or dangerous weather conditions occur. This training fills up quickly, so register early! Length of class time varies. MOORE COUNTY PROVIDERS ONLY. This training will be held in person at PfCF. CHCs will be awarded based on the length of the training.
Thursday, September 8, 2022 6:00-8:00pm: Infant Toddler SIDS IN-PERSON – REGISTER NOW
This is a required training for all child care providers caring for infants’ birth to 12 months. Participants will gain knowledge of the NC rules and regulations addressing infant safe sleep policies and procedures. This training will be held in person at PfCF. 2 CHCs will be awarded.
Monday, September 12, 2022 6:00-8:30pm: Emergency Preparedness in Child Care IN-PERSON – REGISTER NOW
This is a required training for all newly licensed child care facilities or facilities that have had a change in EPR trained staff. All programs must have at least one person trained within a year of receiving the child care license from DCDEE or within four months of change in EPR trained staff. After completing the training each facility will create their own EPR Plan using the on-line Risk Management Portal. This training will be in-person at PfCF. 2.5 CHCs will be awarded.
Tuesday, September 20, 2022 6:30-8:30pm: How Are You? How Am I? ONLINE - REGISTER NOW
Most preschool teachers are diligent about introducing their students to a large variety of literature and pre-literacy activities. But emotional literacy – the ability to identify, understand and respond to emotions in yourself and others in a healthy manner – is even more basic to school readiness. We’ll examine the many benefits to children who gain a strong foundation in emotional literacy, explore simple ways in which you can foster emotional literacy in your classroom, and share some excellent resources for tools and activities teachers can incorporate into their daily classroom curriculum to make intentional teaching of emotions fun and easy. This training will be held via ZOOM. 2 CHCs will be awarded.
Saturday, September 24, 2022 9:00am-1:00pm: NC Playground Safety IN-PERSON – REGISTER NOW
Participants will gain knowledge in NC rules and regulations addressing playground safety. Come prepared to travel from PfCF office to a local playground to complete the hands-on playground safety inspection. Please wear comfortable shoes. Water and small snacks will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own bag lunch. This training will be held in person at PfCF. 4 CHCs will be awarded.
Tuesday, September 27, 2022 6:00-8:00pm: Literacy and Language: Cornerstones of the Classroom IN-PERSON – REGISTER NOW
This workshop will focus on the literacy foundations in the classroom. You will learn ways to incorporate literacy throughout your day in centers, activities, outdoor play and even standing in line. We will share reading strategies, great books for preschoolers, how to build plans around a book and provide ideas and tools to take back to your classroom. This training will be in person at PfCF. 2 CHCs will be awarded.
Training Policies for Child Care Professionals
- Advanced registration and payment are required for all training events. Registration is accepted online or in-person. If paying in-person, checks or money orders should be made payable to Partners for Children and Families. Payments will not be accepted the day of the training event.
- No refund or credit will be provided for no-shows. The registration amount paid will be used for the cost of printing and preparation.
- A twenty-four (24) hour cancellation notice is required to receive a credit or transfer to another training event. No refund will be provided, however a credit will be issued. Credits are valid for one calendar year.
- A minimum of 5 spaces must be filled before a training event will be conducted. If this number is not reached, PfCF reserves the right to cancel the event. Learners will be notified by phone or email of any cancellations and a credit issued or learners transferred to another class. Early registration is strongly encouraged.
The following policies apply to all training events (virtual and in-person):
- Training events will be closed 15 minutes after the start time. Late entry will not be permitted.
- Participants must attend the entire training event to receive a training certificate.
- Children and/or other non-registered guests are not permitted into training events.
- Learners will be provided a certificate of completion indicating NCDCDEE contact hour credits (CHC) or continuing education units (CEUs) for the amount of time the learning event is held.
- Online participants will need required technology with video and audio capabilities.
- Unprofessional, disruptive or rude behavior will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave and no credit will be issued.
- Please turn off cell phones during the learning event
Additional Training Opportunities for Child Care Professionals
CUMBERLAND COUNTY PARTNERSHIP FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES
SOUTHWESTERN CHILD DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
- Training calendar can be accessed here.
- Trainings are self-Paced with classes taking 2-5 hours
- Classes range in cost, starting at $25
NCDCDEE ONLINE TRAINING
- Trainings list can be found here.
- Free self-paced trainings provided by DCDEE
- Will need an NCID and will register for a Moodle Account