Apply to NC Pre-K for August 2020
NC Pre-K is a FREE preschool program for at-risk children. Acceptance is based on need and number of seats available NOT first come, first served.
❏ Your child must be four years old by AUGUST 31, 2020.
❏ You must be a Moore County resident.
❏ Your child must meet one or more of the following risk factors: Low income, chronic health condition as diagnosed by doctor - bring documentation (excludes asthma), limited English proficiency, a current IEP for speech services or for a developmental delay, or military.
❏ Your child is not currently enrolled in a childcare center, preschool or HeadStart program.
Click here to download:
- NC-PreK application and instructions in English or
- Instrucciones para aplicar a NC Pre-K para 2020 and Aplicaciones en Español
Please mail or email your application with supporting documents, listed on page 2 of application, to either Moore County Schools or Partners for Children & Families:
Moore County Schools
Attn: Judy Heffner
160 Pinckney Road
Carthage, NC 28327
910-949-2342 ext. 200285
Partners for Children & Families
Attn: Diane Atherton
7720 NC Hwy 22
Carthage, NC 28327
You will receive a call to review your application responses, to verify you have included required documents, and to answer any questions you may have about the NC Pre-K application and selection process. Parents will be notified of student selection by July 31, 2020.
NC Pre-K provides high-quality pre-kindergarten classes for at-risk four year olds through the Moore County Schools preschool program. Children enrolling in the NC Pre-K Program must be determined eligible, and awarded a slot by the Moore County NC Pre-K Committee. The program serves children who are four years old by August 31 of the program year and are considered at risk for poor school outcomes. Factors that put children at risk for poor school outcomes include low income, limited English proficiency, identified disability, chronic health condition and developmental or educational need. Children of active duty military families are also eligible.
- located on various primary and elementary school campuses
- licensed and five star rated
- include a blended group of children ages three through five including typically developing children who pay tuition to attend, children who qualify for exceptional education services and children in the NC Pre-K program
- comprised of a certified teacher and two teacher assistants creating a 15:3 student to teacher ratio
Moore County NC Pre-K Committee
The Moore County NC Pre-K Committee meets at Partners for Children & Families. Contact Brittney Mays at firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming dates and times.