Supporting Quality Child Care
North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education - www.ncchildcare.nc.gov
- Regulates licensed child care in North Carolina and distributes state child care subsidy dollars to local/county agencies.
National Association for the Education of Young Children - www.naeyc.org
- Leading membership association for those working with and on behalf of children from birth through age 8. NAEYC convenes thought leaders, teachers, researchers, and other practicioners/stakeholders and sets standards of excellence for programs and teachers in early childhood education. NAEYC members include teachers, paraeducators, center directors, trainers, college educators, families of young children, and the public at large.
North Carolina Association for the Education of Young Children - www.ncaeyc.org
- State affiliate organization of NAEYC. Sponsors large study conference each fall.
North Carolina Institute for Child Development Professionals - www.ncicdp.org
- Provides on-line resources related to professional development in early childhood education. Oversees the NC Early Educator Certification process.
North Carolina Partnership for Children - www.ncsmartstart.org
- Provides oversight for NC's award-winning Smart Start initiative.
Child Care Services Association - www.childcareservices.org
- Non-profit agency that administers the T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Program.
CSEFEL: Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning- csefel.vanderbilt.edu
- Focused on promoting the social emotional development and school readiness of young children birth to age 5.
Natural Learning Initiative - www.naturalearning.org
- Focuses on how to improve children's health and development through design education and technical assistance for the implementation of cost-effective, naturalized outdoor learning environments in child care centers, public schools, and parks in North Carolina and across the country.
Raising North Carolina - http://raisingnc.org
- Makes visible the early childhood providers who help families raise North Carolina’s economic future.
Supporting Children with Special Needs
Children's Developmental Services Agency (CDSA) of Moore - 910.295.3133
- Offers early intervention services for children birth through 36 months of age with a developmental delay or disorder.
Moore County School System - http://www.mcs.k12.nc.us/
- Provides early intervention services for children (3 and 4 years of age) with special needs. Also, administers the NC PreK Program in Moore County.
Autism Society-Moore County - https://www.autismsociety-nc.org/
- Committed to providing support and promoting opportunities which enhance the lives of individuals within the autism spectrum and their families.
The Arc of Moore County - http://www.thearcofmoore.org/
- Committed to securing for all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the opportunity to choose and realize their goals of where and how they learn, live, work, and play. An affiliated chapter of The Arc of the United States and The Arc of North Carolina
Child Care Health Issues
Child Care Health Consultant (FirstHealth) - 910.715.1564
- Provides technical assistance and training for Moore County child care programs in the areas of health and safety.
NC Child Care Health and Safety Resource Center - www.healthychildcarenc.org
- Promotes safe and healthy environments for children in child care settings. Provides information, resources, and referrals to the child health and child care communities.
NC Pre-K Site Application - See link below.