Need help looking for child care?
Search online through the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education
The NC Division of Child Development makes every effort to provide information parents need to make the best possibly child care choices. The Devision records a variety of information on regulated facilities that you might find useful in your search, including: Star rated license information, sanitation scores, complaint investigations, visits made by Division staff, and any administrative actions take. Click below to begin your search.
Things to consider when searching for a quality child care
- Think about what type of care best suits your child's needs and those of your family.
- Visit several programs to determine where you and your child will be most comfortable.
- Try to visit those programs during different times of the day.
- Take your child to visit the program before enrolling her. Observe your child interact with the care givers and other children.
- Ask questions about the program. It is your right and responsibility.
- Inquire about each program's star rated licensing and/or accreditation.
To find out more information about star rated licensing click here.
A checklist of important items to consider has been provided below. Print this checklist and use it as a guide and worksheet as you interview each childcare provider.
OR Call our referral line today at (877) 230-3024.
Choosing a child care program is a big decision! The referral line provides one-on-one support finding child care that meets your needs in Moore County. This service is available at no cost to families.
A referral specialist is available to provide information and customized referrals to legally operating child care programs, including:
- Licensed child care centers
- Licensed family child care homes
- Half-day preschool programs
- Before and after-school care
- Summer camps
- Drop-in programs
They also provide information on:
- Recognizing and searching for quality early care and education
- State licensing requirements for child care facilities
- Local resources to assist with family needs, including financial assistance with child care