Community Education Initiative
This initiative works to improve Moore County systems for meeting the needs of young children and their families by building awareness of early childhood development and resources. Strategies include:
- Increasing awareness, support, and use of PfCF services and local resources related to early childhood education, healthy development, and school readiness
- Identifying and partnering with educational, faith, business, civic, social, and health agencies to increase cooperation and resources aimed at improved access to and quality of services for young children
- Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating local data on early childhood education supply, demand, and utilization
- Participating in community awareness and planning events on early childhood issues in the community
- Building county-wide school readiness strategies and infrastructure
- Sign up for our e-newsletters by filling out this form. Your contact information will not be shared with anyone else.
- You can also join us online via Facebook or Pinterest.
- If you would like to collaborate on a project, request a speaker, or inquire about our services, contact Brittney Martin Mays at (910) 949-4045 or email@example.com
- Play Daze - North Carolina’s PlayDaze celebrates the value of play and is designed to provide diverse play activities for toddlers to grandparents! Schools, child care centers, organizations, churches, families, and communities are urged to create an event and/or participate in PlayDaze lasting one hour up to an entire weekend, the choice is yours. PfCF is here to help you plan your event, gather materials, and facilitate PLAY on your big day!
- Children's Sabbath - Join thousands of churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and other faith communities across the country in this celebration by holding special worship services, education programs, and advocacy activities to engage people of faith in improving the lives of children and their families. The third weekend in October is designated as National Observance of Children’s Sabbaths; however, we encourage you to pick a time that is best for you and your faith family. Contact us for support joining in on this national faith-based movement.
- Week of the Young Child - The Week of the Young Child is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The purpose of the WOYC is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs.
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month - National Child Abuse Prevention Month is a time to acknowledge the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse and neglect, and to promote the social and emotional well-being of children and families. During the month of April and throughout the year, communities are encouraged to share child abuse and neglect prevention awareness strategies and activities and promote prevention across the country.
|Child Care Resource & Referral Brochure||Early Childhood Resource Library Brochure|
Choosing Quality Child Care Brochure
|CACFP Brochure||Need Child Care? Flier||2016 Annual Report||2016 Child Care|
Supply & Demand