- Your child must be four years old by August 31, 2019. Please bring your child's Birth Certificate and Social Security card.
- You must be a Moore County resident. Please bring proof of physical address. (Drivers license or bill)
- You must meet income requirements set by the NC Pre-K Program. Please bring income verification (2018 W2 form, 2018 Tax Records, or 2 current check stubs).
- Military families (regardless of income) are eligible to apply. Please bring proof of active duty service (we cannot accept Military ID's).
- Acceptance is based on need and the number of slots available. NC Pre-K slots are NOT first come, first served.
- Judy Heffner or Michele Denny at the Moore County Schools, Education Center - Phone: 910.947.2342
- Brittney Mays at Partners for Families and Children - Phone: 910.949.4045
Please note that slots available for NC Pre-K for the 2018-2019 school year are full. You can make an appointment with Michele Denny at (910) 947-2342 ext. 200229 to complete a late application. If your child qualifies, your child will be put on the NC Pre-K Waiting List.
NC Pre-K provides high-quality pre-kindergarten classes for at-risk four year olds through the Moore County Schools preschool program. Children enrolling in the NC Pre-K Program must be determined eligible, and awarded a slot by the Moore County NC Pre-K Committee. The program serves children who are four years old by August 31 of the program year and are considered at risk for poor school outcomes. Factors that put children at risk for poor school outcomes include low income, limited English proficiency, identified disability, chronic health condition and developmental or educational need. Children of active duty military families are also eligible.
- located on various primary and elementary school campuses
- licensed and five star rated
- include a blended group of children ages three through five including typically developing children who pay tuition to attend, children who qualify for exceptional education services and children in the NC Pre-K program
- comprised of a certified teacher and two teacher assistants creating a 15:3 student to teacher ratio
For more information, contact: Lizzie Garner at Moore County Schools at (910) 947-2342 or email@example.com.